Here’s where we learn more about the issue your students chose in Step 2. Students will be conducting their own research – including reaching out to community members and decision-makers – to understand the history and nuances of their chosen issue.
Watch the introductory video below then dig into the resources!
Step 3 Resources
Understanding Policies and Practices
- Distinguishing Policy and Community Practice: An Introduction
- What’s In Your Backpack? Activity: Understanding Policy and Practice
- Examples of Policies and Practices
- Policies and Practices Related to Our Issue
Tips for Quality Research
- Use Trello or Fun Retro to Organize the Research
- The 5 Whys Method of Questioning
- Conducting Research: A Lesson in Policy, Practice, and Stakeholder Research
- Developing Burning Questions- 2 Activity Options
Research Maps for Data Organization
Reflections- Transitioning to Step 4